Happy Friday! It’s been an interesting week, hasn’t it?
Later this morning both you and your parents will get emails from me and Mrs. Coté, outlining what the expectations are for next week. Since you’ve all already gotten off to a good start with online learning, it won’t be too different from this week. As always, if you have questions, email or leave a blog comment any time.
One new thing is that we will be using a new Microsoft Team to communicate with you. One of the features on this Team is that we can schedule live class meetings! We want to do two test calls today to see how it works. One call will be at 10:30 am, and one will be at 1:00 pm. Please check with a parent to make sure it’s okay for you to participate at the time you choose.
Here’s how to participate in a Team meeting:
- Make sure you are using a device with a camera and speakers. Turn the volume up or use headphones.
- Make sure you are in a quiet place, free of distractions and loud noises.
- Go to office.com and sign in.
- Click on Teams.
- Find the team called 5th Grade HPAL Remote Learning and click on it.
- At the meeting time (not before), you will see a box on the page that says Meeting Now. Click Join to enter the meeting.
- I will most likely ask you to mute your microphone at first. There will be a chat going on the right side where you can type questions or talk to people (please be appropriate!)
- When your microphone is unmuted, make sure to talk one at a time.
We’ll see how it goes! If you can’t participate today, that’s okay! We’ll keep scheduling Team meetings throughout the next week. We can also schedule one-on-one or small group meetings if you’d prefer to meet that way. I’ll be checking in with you next week to see if you’d like to participate in a smaller meeting.
Spend the rest of the day catching up on things we’ve been asking you to do throughout the week, and explore some of the links we’ve sent. Here’s one more video for you!
Video of the Day
Who doesn’t love a good optical illusion? Here’s a collection of some fun ones:
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
PS: Leave a comment on this blog post telling me your favorite animal and your favorite color. That will show me you read all the way down to the bottom! 😉