Welcome to the 2020-21 school year!

Hello and welcome to our first post of the 2020-21 school year! This has been a strange and different year in a lot of ways. In the third quarter of last year, our school shut down due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and we spent that entire quarter learning remotely from home. We started this year learning remotely, too. However, in September we were able to re-open with mitigation procedures in place, and since October, our full class of 30 students has been learning in person. It’s still different from a usual year, though! Here are some of our comments about the changes we have experienced this year:

37 thoughts on “Welcome to the 2020-21 school year!

1. I have experienced lots of changes throughout this schoolyear. We have been given privileges and some things have also been taken away. We are soon going to use VR goggles and we will be the only ones using them, but we can’t have extra recess or to walk around the classroom to talk to someone.

1. You are definitely right. A lot of things have been taken away from us, things that we take for granted, like playing and eating with people from different classes. I hope that one day, these things will be allowed again.

2. It’s been a really hard time, yet school still feels welcoming and inviting, the teachers have to work harder to stop the spread of the virus, everyone has to wear masks all day, and we need to have zones at recess, but we are so blessed to be able to go back to school during this pandemic to learn and enrich our education.

1. School is really hard. Mrs. Hamman you make school a lot easier. I hope we don’t have to go back yo remote.

2. This school year is strange we have to wear masks and stay social distanced but at least we aren’t doing online learning. We are lucky we aren’t doing online learning and we get to stay at school. I think we learn more efficiently here at school.

3. I’ve had a great time this year, especially now that we’re back to school.
    Even with COVID-19 and the masks, this is still one of my favorite years. I love how we are using computers, and I hope we still get to use them. I have had a great time this year.

4. One of the changes that happened this year is the masks. Another change is how zoom is being used more. Before the pandemic I didn’t know zoom even existed. One last change is the amount of businesses shutting down.

5. Its been really hard getting back into the habit of school NGL. But I still like in person WAY better than online. Sadly we can do as fun stuff as we could like small group. But aside from that its been a amazing year its bee getting better that before. And we are doing fun stuff sadly not in small group. All in all this year has been really wonky

6. This is definitely a special school year, but we are all thankful to be back in school. It is also very different, for example, we have to wear masks and we have special zones each day in recess, but we still have a very educational day at school, and you still do if you chose to be at home, doing online work.

7. This year has definitely been a different school year. We started the year off online, then came back to school wearing masks and social distancing yet I have still had a really fun time! My favorite part of the year so far has been gong to the Makers Place and getting to do projects.

8. This year has been a weird and difficult school year but we are lucky to be able to even be in school. Soon we will be able to use VR headsets and we are lucky. We will be the only ones in the school using them. We do a lot of fun things in class and hopefully it can stay that way. Being at school is way better than being at home.

9. This year is a really odd and challenging year, but it has been a big learning experience. If we do go back online, I am glad to be in person for about a quarter and a half. I hope we won’t go back online, but if we do, I think we will all be prepared.

10. The changes that we have seen this year are required masks, recess zones, and lunch zones. There are masks required on the whole campus, except for when you are eating in the lunch room and getting a drink. We have different recess zones (4 to be precise). It is the playground, the two soccer fields, and the kickball field. Each class from one grade go to those specific spots. Two or more classes cannot be in the same spot. Last thing is lunch zones. Each class has its own number of rows (there are three classes in 5th grade so we try to even the number of rows out. Even with all of these differences, we still are having a really great year.

11. This school year is strange we have to wear masks and stay social distanced but at least we aren’t doing online learning. We are lucky we aren’t doing online learning and we get to stay at school. I think we learn more efficiently here at school.

12. I am very grateful that some schools have opened back up to in person learning, and for the great teacher I have this year! Bridges is the best school that you could ever go to. It still is definitely different this year, and it is hard at some times. But I am still getting taught the great way that I always do.

13. This year has been very strange. One reason is how each class has different zones recess and we switch daily. This is to stop Covid-19 from spreading to other classes incase there is a case in the grade. Another odd change this year is the masks. I bet everyone in the school can agree that wearing a mask is not fun. The only times you are allowed to take it off are when you either take a drink of water, go to recess (if you are six feet apart), or go to lunch.

14. School has had a lot of changes we have zones at recess so every class gets a different zone every day. We also have to wear mask all day and that is really hard! Also we sit at different numbers at lunch so we are six feet apart. School has been very rough this year but I am thankful I can go in peson.

15. I have experienced a lot of changes, along the year, well, not just me my whole class, and I might as well put the world in their too. There has been good changes and bad changes from my perspective, one of the worst is that we have quadrants outside for recess, and we rotate the quadrants everyday, and one of the good things is wearing masks, they don’t just help with COVID they also help with germs and bacteria.

16. This year has been rough, but I am so happy we are back in school. I am glad that we still get to do band and other specials. We have to were masks all day but that is ok if you find a comfortable mask. I hope we will enjoy the VR head sets, since we will be the first ones to use them. hopefully this year will go well.

17. I have had a great time this year, especially now that we are back in school. Even with COVID and having to wear a mask, it is still one of my favorite years. I have had a great time this year.

18. It has been a fun school month at home, but even if we don’t have to wear masks at home it has not been fun. Not getting to play with your friends a lot and having computer problems. I think just having to social distance and wearing masks actually is better than staying at home. This is more fun than having to stay home doing only school work for the rest of the day.

19. This year isn’t completely terrible, however. We are soon going to be the only class in the school to use VR headsets. We also get to watch live zoom presentations and ask questions, the most recent one being about Denali National Park. Our learning has not been very affected by the pandemic as we are all still learning new things every day.

20. There sure have been a lot of changes this year! A big one is that we have to wear a face covering to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Another one is that we are in cohorts at school, which means we cant eat lunch with students from other classes or play outside at recess with them. Regardless of these changes, I am extremely elated to be back at school!

21. This year has been really hard but school has been a big part of helping me and my fellow classmates get through it. We are very grateful to be able to go to school during the middle of a pandemic. I am very lucky and blessed that I am able to go to school. School helps me and my friends come closer together and connect while it also helps us to learn and get an education. Though there are many cons to going to school in a pandemic there are also a lot of good things too!

22. This year I have experienced a lot of different feelings everyone has had a really rough year. This year we had to do online school (not a surprise it was a struggle). This year we had to change from having fun and playing at parks with our friends this was the biggest change for me I am very talkative and being in a house for 5 months was not fun. Through out the year there has been big horrible changes but a good change was a got closer to my family (literally but you know what I mean) and now I know them more than ever. I have also learned to be more independent. So that was most of the changes that happened this year.

23. I have experienced many changes this year such as having to wear these masks. We also can’t, see friends in other classes, sit in table groups, or choose wear to play recess. Although there are many downsides, there are good things like choosing were to sit in the cafeteria, or getting to know are class mates. We get to know friends in our class better. All in all, I have experienced many things and have learned many life lessons such as to value your friends, and to value your friendship.

24. Hi, it has been fun at school and we have learned a lot and we shooed stay working hard.

25. I think this school year is different because we can’t do all the things we used to be able to do for example like we can’t do projects with people, in fact we can’t do anything that involves group activities. We can’t even see our friends in the other class because of zones. Also, we should be happy that we have the gift to even go to school some people don’t even get to go to school. I am so grateful I can even be in G.A.T.E. and be in this class those are my thoughts why this school year is so strange compared to any other year we have had before.

26. we still learn a lot and even though it is different we are able to be here and that’s good.

27. Yes, this crazy school year has troubled a lot of people and we are very, lucky to be able to come here. Things like zones and masks are going to help us get though the pandemic.

28. I think that we will go back to remote learning because kids are taking there mask down. Everyday I have seen a kid or two take there mask down. I am surprised we don’t have thirty cases in kindergarten.

29. I am so glad for this school year! even with all of this Corona panic, I am glad we get to stay together! Maybe one day this will all go back to normal. I have big plans for the future together!

30. Online learning is fun. Eh, it not as fun as being in school. I love being in school, not having to be at home working on reading or anything else for 2 hours. I think you should really listen and sty safe when you are at school so e can still keep on coming to school.

31. As a student in Mrs. Hamman’s class, I’m thankful to be back at school and learning in person. Through out the couple of months I have been adjusting to the new ways and rules we have to follow. Although it isn’t the same as it was, I’m glad so many kids can learn at school now.

32. Honestly, reality school right now feels the same. Although we need to wear masks, stay 6 feet apart at lunch, stay in our own recess zones, I think this year is kind of the same. I’m glad that we get to go to school and see our friends.